In the heart of the glorious district of Kangra, there exists a beautiful town by the name Dharamshala. There is a strange charm in this place that keeps attracting tourists from all over India and other foreign countries. However, the scenic beauty of the town isn’t the only thing that makes it special; there are several other factors as well. For starters, it is headquarter of Central Tibetan Administration (the Tibetan government in exile) and the residence of Dalai Lama. Second, it has the only Cricket stadium in Himachal Pradesh that hosts International Cricket matches – Dharamshala Stadium. The Cricket stadium is already in news these days as it hosted the first International Cricket test match previous month and people are eager to know more about it. Now if the stadium is growing so popular – how could it escape our attention? So, we decided to do a little research about the Cricket stadium and come up with this post we’ll discuss everything you need to know about Dharamshala Cricket stadium in detail. Let’s begin:
Everything You Need To Know About Dharamshala Stadium
- During 2016 ICC T-20 world cup – the stadium was one of the six venues to host the event
- Hosted First International Cricket test match from March 25, 2017 to March 29, 2017
- Hosted first International ODI match on January 27, 2013
- Given the Cricket stadium’s popularity, Asian Cricket Council decided to set up Centre of Excellence at Dharamshala
How to Reach Dharamshala Cricket Stadium?
Via RoadYou can easily get buses of all classes (deluxe, air-conditioned, and regular) from major cities like Chandigarh, Shimla and Delhi.
Via AirVia Air, you can reach Dharamshala from Kangra Gaggal Airport, which is about 12 KM away from the town.
Via RailPathankot is the main railway station near Dharamshala. From there, you can book Pathankot – Joginder Nagar train and stop at Chamunda Marg station, which is about half an hour away.
Hotels Near Dharamshala Cricket StadiumIf you’re traveling to Dharamshala, it’s obvious that you’ll need to stay in a hotel unless you’ve relatives in the city or have plans to spend night under the open sky (which is not a good idea given the unpredictable weather of the town). You can find many hotels near Dharamshala Cricket stadium – where you can stay at a reasonable rate. However, if you’re looking for more than just a night’s stay, The Chateau Garli is a suitable option. Located in the heritage village of Garli Pragpur, this wonderful hotel offers you a chance to explore nature to the fullest. Here, not only you can enjoy the panoramic views of majestic Dhauladhar hills but you can also discover the lost cultural heritage of the Kangra valley. In short, this hotel can be your dream vacation.
5 Reasons You Should Prefer The Chateau Garli for a StayHere are some of the best reasons to choose this wonderful hotel for a stay:
- Picturesque natural view The hotel is located at the foothills of Dhauladhar mountain ranges of Himalayas. So, you can enjoy really striking visual scenery of the hills with sunrise and sunset.
- Brilliant architectural blend The hotel features jaw dropping combination of Portuguese, Colonial, Mughal, Rajsthani, and Kangri culture. If you’ve interest in architecture – you’ll definitely admire it.
- A variety of facilities A variety of facilities are offered in The Chateau Garli like Boating and Fishing, Night Safari, Multi-cuisine Dining, swimming pool, etc. This will ensure that you enjoy your stay to the fullest.
- Explore all main places of the Kangra valley Not only you can easily visit Dharamshala Stadium from the hotel but you can explore other parts of Kangra Valley, including Jwalamukhi temple, Kangra Fort, McLeodganj, etc. as well.
- Reasonable packages Despite offering best-in-class facilities, The Chateu Garli provides rooms at reasonable packages. You can easily afford a room in the hotel, and enjoy your stay.